Sunday, June 29, 2008

And then I fell in love

It has happened more than once. A friend will have a second child that seems to grow from a newborn into a one year old in ten minutes. For months, the new bundle is often snuggled in the carseat or quiet in mom’s arms while the older sibling is commanding the attention and smiles from everyone. People are drawn to the older child with a sparkling personality. It is easy to interact, laugh and play with someone who can count in Spanish in a teeny tiny voice.

The newborn quietly reaches milestone after milestone until people look puzzled that she is walking and drinking out of a sippy cup.

I feel I am in a special place right now where I have Hallie all to myself. I see what a gift she is and the immense blessing she has become to our family. She is something special and I know God has big things in store for her. There is only a short season I have before she is running around engaging people and they will realize what I already know. But for now, I can look down into her sweet, sweet eyes and tell her that mommy knew from the beginning what a treasure she is.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, look at her sweet face.

Ash