Tuesday, December 16, 2008

Advent

ADVENT 13, 14, 15: Falling behind. Due to some over-committed holiday schedules, advent took a backseat to other types of Christmas fun. The last several days Kinsley earned money for kind things she did around the home. We collected the money in a special jar then took it to a Salvation Army bell-ringer to donate.

ADVENT DAY 16:  Thanks to a good friend, we were tipped off to a special Christmas event that is not advertised. Weeks ago, we signed up to meet Santa and today was the big day. Santa told a story, sang songs and had some Q&A time. Upon asking the children if anyone had a question, many hands politely popped in the air. Kinsley, however, frantically began shouting, "Can I have a Cinderella nightgown? Can I have a Cinderella nightgown?" He smiled and nodded and I made a mental note to go to Disney's website as soon as we get home.
When the time came for the girls to sit with Santa, Kinsley got some alone time before Hallie joined. I wouldn't expect anything less than Kinsley's trademark enthusiasm and Hallie's stranger anxiety.

1 comments:

Kari said...

Kinsley's look at Hallie seems to be saying "excuse me, you just ruined my time with Santa"!

I need to post Mason's pix of the event as well!