Monday, September 14, 2009

Daddy Daughter Camping

Ben & Kinsley went camping with a crew of Ben's friends and their daughters. I knew that they would have a great time but I had not expected the kind of coordination that was done for the trip. Partially because the first update I saw on facebook was one of the guys saying that ALMOST everyone was accounted for. I also saw an early pic of all the kids AND dads sitting at a picnic table looking as though they were waiting for the wives to show up and serve them. I wondered if they had thought of anything beyond s'mores and the tent.

I was proved wrong. Very wrong. I am still marveling over the pre-planned activities that went down.

1. Hide Elmo Game
2. Nature Scavenger Hunt
3. Animal Charades
4. And finally, the kicker....with the girls listening, each dad shared something he loves about his daughter.

Wow. They outdid anything I imagined. Ben had tons of fun with close friends and Kinsley laughed and played with her girls. They had an awesome time together and I think a new tradition has been born. I am already excited for the day he takes both of his girls!


These boys love their little ladies!


Proof they ate things outside the marshmallow and chocolate family!


This explains the dirt which is still in Kinsley's hair.


They may have their princesses with them but boys will be boys and never pass up on King of the Hill.

0 comments: