Monday, August 16, 2010

preschooler or mini-teen?

today was day one of preschool. after some tearful reservations about the program due to a bland orientation night, thankfully, my fears that she would have 3 hours of playing with mr. potato head were put at ease.





on the drive to preschool...blessed 4 minute drive...she melted my heart by telling me she was going to "miss me like crazy."

after picking her up and while we were walking to the car, my little love bug said, "i didn't miss you at all, mommy." the feeling was not mutual.

2 comments:

Robin said...

so sweet, amy! ah yes... the independence is a wonderful and simultaneously sad thing :o( sounds like my day yesterday - i showed up at school at the end of the day to surprise avie by picking her up. she burst into tears because she didn't get to ride the bus. sigh.

Kari said...

LOVE the outfit! I would lean towards mini-teen with that hat! So glad it's going well. And the scratch and sniff paint? Why don't you send the girls over for some tv/wrestling/transformer fun and make the rest of us feel better about our mom skills?!