Sunday, May 29, 2011

all is well

we have made it through day 15 without ben.  we miss him terribly and will be so glad when we are all together again...whenever that may be.   life is not nearly as fun without him around.   the girls thankfully are handling all this change well.  in fact, better than i ever could have imagined.

they (we) love it here....in the place i grew up.  my home has again become my home.

we keep busy (my mom is my calendar keeper and likes to make sure we get out and do things).  i usually obey her and go on outings but i am a major homebody and never mind staying put.

caroline crawls everywhere, prefers to stand up and puts EVERYTHING in her mouth.  i've never seen anything like it.  even with all of us on "safety patrol" she still manages to find things to eat.   here is a sample of some items swept from either her grip or inside of her mouth: small light bulb, twigs, rock, dime and a paperclip---which got her some x-rays at urgent care.  the little babe has made my heart stop more than once.


sarah and baby brennan came to visit for several days.  i fell for her when i got her all to myself after my kids went to bed.  i was overcome with love love love.


cousin (2nd cousin) max came to play.  i wish these pictures could capture the monstrous laughter coming from the kids and the spectators.

i love this...hallie's deep concentration.  kinsley laughing in the background.  and max--full of joy.



my dad joined us for a day at the denver aquarium.   great day.


i grew up here.  beginning in elementary school i met my friends at this pond everyday.  we would climb trees, hunt for frogs/crawdads/salamanders and explore.   the very things my own kids love to do there.   just about everyday we have made the short walk down and the girls have had such fun.





2 comments:

Ashley said...

Who is the almost Kindergarten with the cute haircut????? Caroline standing up??? Time flies.

Anonymous said...

I miss my family!