Tuesday, September 25, 2012

birthday at the beach

my (sweet, spunky, adventurous, snuggly, glued-to-mommy, lover of chocolate, adored by her sisters) little gal just turned two.  

she got to celebrate at our favorite home away from home...charleston.

 caroline, you bless our family.   bless us.
 you are full of life.  you run everywhere you go.  there is a very literal spring in your step.
 i treasure my time with you.   you are a jewel.
 you are our entertainer.  when you realize we are laughing at something you do, you become downright theatrical.
 you cling to me.   you grip my arms when you lay against me.   if i have sleeves you wiggle your hands up my arms so our skin is touching.   i love that.
 time outs.  kisses and sorries.  definite parts of our days.
 you are growing up.  you are pretending.  you cook me food in your kitchen while wearing your chef hat.   big big milestone.
 your sisters think you are wonderful.  they think you are hilarious.  the three of us girls get tons of smiles and laughs because of you all day long.
 you watch them.  you talk to them in the car and hold hands, car seat to car seat.  
you can keep up.  you certainly try.  
pretty soon you will be a big kid like your sisters.   i can't wait for what those days will bring.   

it was an awesome weekend celebrating you, little girl.  (forever my baby girl)


0 comments: