Friday, October 12, 2007

our newest tradition??

Up until this point we have had a special bedtime routine. Not that I no longer adore rocking Kinsley and going through our traditions, I'm just amused at how things have gone this week. For example during prayer: when I begin with "dear god,...." she immediately pipes in with repeated AMENS. I try talking over her insistent plea for closure by continuing on but voices just get louder and louder until I realize we are having a prayer battle. Our bedtime song has also changed and doesn't enlist a typical warm fuzzy feeling. When I now try to sing the usual "Moon" song Kinsley vehemently shakes her head and repeats no, no, no. The only song she will agree to? "Bad Day" by Daniel Powter. I can't help but laugh at the fact that I am "soothing" my baby with negativity. I only hope she isn't as impressionable at this age as all the books say :).

3 comments:

Ashley said...

Yeah Amy...way to post again! Does this make 2 times this month? You are on a roll! I can just picture your new bedtime routines. Too funny!

Anonymous said...

when is she going to want you to sing "shiver" by uncle jake

Joel said...

we laughed out loud at the daniel powter comment.