Monday, October 22, 2007

Cheerios and Crayons

After an awesome trip to visit my sister in Georgia, I want to share some wisdom on flying with an 18 month old on your lap for a 3 hour plane ride.

DO: bring chocolate covered marshmallows on a stick, a dozen lollipops, have cookies to give to the nice man sharing an arm rest, search for all babies and dogs in the SkyMall magazine, decorate the nice man's arm with sticky miniture frogs, sing eency weency spider soft enough not to further disturb the lady in front whose feet are shuffled when child gets stuck under the seat, turn on the overhead fan when child messes diaper before landing when seatbelt sign is on.

DON'T: bring playdough unless you want to help the flight crew scrape it off the floor, allow child to shred a box of wet wipes in order to buy 5 more minutes.....you will need those upon landing to immediately change diaper.

overall, great trip....long flight!! here are some pics of us at octoberfest, atlanta aquarium and the leftovers from my bag-of-tricks we used the plane.




4 comments:

thekeller4 said...

Oh, Amy, I know what you went through and how right you are! The bag of tricks is essential, but the trip is exhausting nonetheless. :) Glad you both made it back in one piece and that you enjoyed your time there!

Robin said...

Amy, I'm so glad you had a great time! I could feel my anxiety level rising as I read your blog - gotta love the plane trips. One of these days, I WILL read a book on a plane again (and I don't mean one with pictures)!

I will be happy to share all I know about pumpkin food with you :o)

Tricia said...

Amy! Look at that darling girl!! I cannot believe this is my first view of her, after 18 months of her life... she is 100% Lacina, that's for sure!

I totally identified with your plane saga... I just got back from my own air travel adventures with my two boys... Please visit my blog to hear the story!

Love to you, old friend!

Dana said...

Oh, I hear ya Amy. Wait until you get to travel with two! We need to get together soon so the kiddos can play.