Saturday, November 3, 2007

In Pursuit of Family Bonding

I am a girl who loves tradition and this is the season I try hardest to lay the foundation for family experiences that we can enjoy year after year. That being said, I have fond memories of trekking to the Venetutti Pumpkin Patch every year growing up. That involved a quest for the perfect pumpkin which is amongst hundreds growing in the vast field. I yearn for Kinsley to have the same kind of family outing that she can look back on. This was NOT the year I want to duplicate.

PUMPKIN PATCH TAKE ONE: The flyer for "Castle Rock's Best and Only Pumpkin Patch" was nothing more than a few pumpkins placed on some hay bales.
TAKE TWO: Check out the picture below of Kinsley between rows of perfectly placed pumpkins. Need I say more?
TAKE THREE: Scratch the patch and we bought some from the store for carving. Kinsley couldn't have been less interested until I gave her a sharpie and let her go to town.

I will only call Halloween a success when she has thorns in her socks from a day at a REAL patch.



4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love the first pic! She looks so grown up! I love that you want to start a tradition...maybe she will dig the advent calendar a bit more. :)
Ash

Robin said...

Too cute, Amy. I'm a "traditions" girl too.. Let me know when you get our your Christmas decor :o)

Anonymous said...

Speaking of traditions, maybe Ben could grow his mustache every year. We at least ought to get a picture of it.
Joel

Walter Tully said...

I totally get what you said about the "foundation for family experiences", Amy. That's exactly my reason for bringing my family to the parks and recreations in Glendale once every two months or so. I want to make going to those places "our thing" until we find a fixed activity we can pass on to the next batch of Tully's. Keep up the efforts, Amy!