Friday, January 11, 2008

Precious Moments

The past week I have been acutely aware of how much Kinsley is growing up. She is now this amazing person complete with a blossoming personality whom I adore spending my days. Ben and I are constantly laughing at her antics and shaking our heads in wonderment at all the things she says and does. After coming home from work tonight, and noticing Kinsley in her apron, hair bow, and newly painted nails, he accused me of turning her into a little girl. This is coming from the guy who, in all seriousness, wanted to freeze time when she was 5 months old because she was “just so perfect” and he didn’t want her to change.
While Ben has been more emotional about her growth, I have been excited about all the changes. Maybe since we are about to start the baby phase again in 3 months I am able to see each milestone as a blessing. I am thankful for each attempt at the ABC’s, the intense determination she uses to hop across the room, and each “conversation” she has with her cousins on her pretend phone.

THEN

NOW

2 comments:

Robin said...

Too cute, Amy. I hear you - it's a strange mix of sadness and excitement as each stage passes and a new one comes!

Anonymous said...

Ohhhh...look at all her hair! She is so cute. I can't wait to spend some time with you both soon!

Ash