Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Better Than 1-800-FLOWERS

So I hear that some people are opposed to Valentine's Day because they say you should not wait for one day a year to show your love to those you love. Although we hopefully show acts of love constantly, I am a big fan of the day because it is a good reminder to be intentional and thoughtful with each other. It's also a way to incorporate more fun traditions!

When Kinsley woke up in the morning, she followed a heart trail until it brought her to a new book we picked for each girl. Inside we wrote them each a love letter. Kinsley sleeps with her book and we have read it over a million times!


While I was out celebrating the birthday of this girl.....


I came home to discover that Ben and the girls were busy creating this....complete with feathers, stamps, markers, paint and stickers.

I love it so much that it just may hang on that wall until next year.

We topped off the day with a date for Ben and me which included a love letter and mix tape. (i cannot refer to it as a mix cd---just doesn't sound right) I will anxiously wait for volume 2 of the mix on February 14th, 2010.

1 comments:

Kari said...

nice, very nice.