Monday, June 21, 2010

Thanks

On Father's Day, we went hiking with my parents and sister Sarah. It was not until we got home that I scrolled through my pictures and noticed a theme. Ben is a pretty great dad. And husband.

Although I was carrying equal extra weight in the form of our unborn baby, he still got bonus points for strapping on Hallie.



He also kept his girls laughing along the way by hiding around trees and surprising us.


At the top of the hike, there is a fire lookout in which you can see the entire front range. However, one must climb 143 stairs STRAIGHT UP to get the view. In one of our poorer parenting decisions, we went for it. About 25 stairs up, Kinsley began sobbing. She still wanted to go up but was not willing to walk. I could not carry her due to my belly, but mostly due to my own need to hold on to both railings. Our family of four was somewhat paralyzed. Ben was already carrying Hallie, and without a word he scooped up Kinsley and continued up.


Then we got to the top where I had a mild panic attack. There was no way I could even look over the edge to enjoy the view...I hear it was spectacular. I was perched on a rock holding onto Hallie for dear life. Ben knew he couldn't carry both girls down at the same time so he brought them down one by one.


Then he came back up for me.

Thanks does not scratch the surface.

1 comments:

Kelly said...

what a keeper! that is SO sweet.