Monday, June 27, 2011

full disclosure

when this transition is said and done, i will mostly look back on the awesome time spent with my family.   i've been taking pictures of nearly every memorable moment and interaction with the people we will miss.  we have had a really amazing time with them.    i've been studying the mountains and loving the weather.   

however.

it has also been pretty darn difficult without having ben around.   here is the ugly (and in hindsight, quite funny) truth of us being apart for 45 days.

mr. i hate facebook himself decided to begin a twitter account.  here are some of my favorite tweets over the course of his absence.  

Fact: it takes 24 hrs and 19 mins, 80 ozs of wild cherry pepsi, 12 reeses pb cups and 1 bag of funyuns to drive from denver to charlotte.

30 days in this hotel is going to feel like 300. Everyone here is on a first name basis and whistles at me when I walk by

If drinking whiskey cokes on the Duke campus was on my bucket list, I'm happy to be able to cross it off.

Just leaving the office at 11:20 pm on a Friday. I thought this was a promotion.

U knw u've reached a level of greatness in life when u've had dinner at the Dragon Buffet 7 of 9 psble nights. I sneezed fried rice today.

I'd say that eating an entire box of Oreo Cakesters while watching Les Miserables qualifies as hitting my low point.

I'm just so tired of this stupid hotel. 

and now for my walk of shame.   here are some of my texts to ben:

may 17: if i survive this it will be a miracle. a miracle.

may 17:  hard times here in CO

may 18: at urgent care with c.  maybe swallowed a paperclip.

may 21: my nights are miserable. up since 2am.  guess i got my standard 4 hrs.  

may 22:  its 4:30am. hi hallie.  nice of you to join c and i.  

may 25: come get us. we belong together.

may 30: it was bound to happen. i've hit my breaking point.

june 3: getting up at 5 yesterday was unacceptable. 4am just plain sux.

june 23: emotional and physical low.  

i feel bad for ben when i reread through those.  yikes.  poor guy must have felt pretty helpless 2000 miles away.  i suppose i tried so hard to have my game face on for the girls that i needed to release my troubles somewhere.   

and, in an attempt to redeem myself a bit, he also received some texts like this:

june 24: really great day. C waves and says mama!  H&K spending night w cousins. miss u!!!