Saturday, January 31, 2009

She won't take her paci to Kindergarten afterall.

Today was a day I have been dreading for a long long time. Over the years, Kinsley and I have had a love affair with her pacifier and we finally bid a permanent farewell this morning. We tried to spin it into a positive memory by taking her to build-a-bear. Here is the bittersweet recap:
Until today, this is how Kinsley has looked in the car since the day she was born.

This is the pink monkey she chose to be the final resting place for her pacifiers.

Here she is undoubtedly contemplating if this is a good idea.

My heart was racing as I watched her kiss them goodbye before placing them inside.

Luckily, we both were able to make it without extreme amounts of tears. Kinsley is walking taller now that she has declared herself a big girl. In her words, "Now I can walk in the street by myself." However, it didn't take long for my baby to reappear when she later said, "Maybe if I hug my monkey enough, my paci will come out."

We have made it through one nap and half a night with little drama. I would say that we have freedom from the paci, but then I remember that it won't be long before we are doing this all over again.

6 comments:

Ashley said...

Great pictures Amy.

Jessica said...

you are brilliant. wonderful idea.

The Page Family said...

That is such a great idea!! I am dreading the day that comes for Hailey...which should totally be today except I'm the one that's not ready! :) Hope it is still going ok! :)

Mandie said...

AWWW! So cute! I remember Paxton's last day with his paci very well. It's a bittersweet time. Congrats on becoming a big "walking in the street" girl!

Sarah said...

too cute, amy. i sure do miss you girls (and ben, of course)!

Kari said...

Oh, that is so sad...and it happened so quick!